Friday, October 14, 2011

New Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery Flowers

Each year members of the Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery International Guild, Inc. (BDEIG) stitch and assemble a beautiful art quilt. Tickets are sold and all proceeds are used to provide scholarships for our members. My contribution was a 6" design featuring lilacs and a gazebo (and of course, a kitten and some butterflies showed up as entertainment).  Here's a detail photo:
I've used this stitch technique on other of my Millefiori Brazilian dimensional embroidery designs and also have the instructions in my book, An Artist's Garden. But I'll be teaching this little "Lilac Gazebo" design at our BDEIG Seminar next June. All classes will be posted at the website in January/February 2012.

And here's a sample swatch of the fabric each of the volunteer member/ stitchers received. This was great inspiration for choosing our colors and even for deciding what to design for the scholarship quilt project:


Here's the design I stitched for the quilt. I kept the sample attached to the embroidery to help me focus on color choices:

And now it's back to work in my Rose Garden. I'll post pictures as I finish. It's great fun to dream up these designs and I hope our B.E. stitchers enjoy playing with them.
Rosalie



No comments:

Post a Comment